First of all, to make sure there is no doubt, I would highly recommend REPSY.
A question I get asked all the time when installing Solar PV in Carnoustie...
Here's a simple explanation of how this free energy from the sun actually works:
Solar PV (photovoltaic) technology converts sunlight directly into electricity.
- A solar panel is made up of multiple solar cells. Each solar cell contains two layers of silicon that are treated to create an electric field.
- When sunlight hits the solar panel, it excites the electrons in the silicon, which causes them to move and generate a flow of electricity.
- The electricity generated by the solar panel is in the form of direct current (DC) electricity, which needs to be converted to alternating current (AC) electricity before it can be used in homes and businesses. This is done by an inverter.
- The AC electricity produced by the solar panel can now be used to power appliances and devices in the home or business.
- Sometimes, excess electricity that is generated by the solar panel can be fed back into the grid, and the owner of the solar panel can receive credits or payments for the excess electricity produced.
Overall, solar PV technology is a clean and renewable way to generate electricity and reduce reliance on traditional energy sources. If you are considering Solar PV to generate electricity in your Carnoustie home, let REPSY install a system that works for you. REPSY - Your local, trusted, registered Solar PV installers in Carnoustie. For more information contact REPSY today.