First of all, to make sure there is no doubt, I would highly recommend REPSY.
Before installing a Solar PV system into your property, it's important to understand how all the components work. REPSY are your local, trusted and experienced Solar PV installers in Carnoustie.
A solar PV inverter is an essential component of a solar PV system, and its primary function is to convert the DC (direct current) electricity generated by the solar panels into AC (alternating current) electricity that can be used by household appliances or exported to the grid.
The process works as follows:
- The solar panels on the roof of the property absorb sunlight and convert it into DC electricity.
- The DC electricity is sent to the inverter, which converts it into AC electricity that matches the frequency and voltage of the Grid.
- The AC electricity is then distributed to the property's electrical system, where it can be used to power appliances.
- If the solar panels generate more electricity than the property requires, the excess electricity can be exported to the grid.
- The inverter also monitors the system's performance and sends data to the homeowner or installer, allowing them to track the system's energy production and identify any issues.
It's important to note that there are several types of solar PV inverters, including string inverters, micro-inverters, and power optimisers. Each type has its advantages and disadvantages, and the choice will depend on the specific needs and requirements of the solar PV system.
For more information on Solar PV systems, or more specifcally inverters; contact your local Solar PV installers in Carnoustie.